Dos and don'ts of cleaning bath towes
- Do wash new towels before you use them for the first time.
- Don’t toss wet or damp towels into a hamper or laundry basket and let them sit. That’s how they develop that musty, mildew odor.
- Do wash your towels every two to three uses.
- Don’t overload your washer with towels. They’re heavy and will take a toll on your machine, plus they might not wash and rinse properly if everything is packed in.
- Don’t use too much detergent. You should use about half of the amount you’d use for a full load of clothing.
- Do hang up your towels after each use to help them dry properly and prevent odor.
- Don’t let wet towels sit in the washing machine, as it can cause that mildew odor.